I got this recipe from my step mom a few years ago and it's still one of my favorites.
- 1 pound cooked ground beef (I've substituted ground turkey before and it was delish)
- 1 can red kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 can rotel
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch seasoning
- 4 cups of water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain off excess fat.
- Put the ground beef into a slow cooker (you can also use a large pot and cook your soup on the stove).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Most recipes I've seen tell you not to drain any of the beans, but I prefer to drain my black beans and just leave the kidney beans undrained. Also, you can switch out the beans, pintos are great.