|These photos have nothing to do with this post, but gosh, I love them.|
So, 2012, huh? That is just crazy to me, because I remember 1995 like it was last week. And that makes me feel genuinely old, since the 9th graders I teach weren't even born then. That spectacularly blows my mind every time I think about it. And speaking of my students, they like to remind me constantly that 2012 is going to mark the end of time. I guess that is exciting to them, but damn, I hope they are wrong.
So assuming that they are in fact wrong, I've put together a few resolutions for the next year. Some may think new year's resolutions are stupid, but I just see them as a few goals to use as motivation. I'm always trying to make improvements to my life, and the start of a new year is a great time for that.
So here ya go:
1. Be more present with my family. I honestly have a tendency to get overcome by social media, my iPhone, and all that internet-y crap that can be fun, but can also take me out of the moment. Hannah is growing up faster than I can handle, and I don't want to miss it because it was my move on Words with Friends.
2. Start saving money for Hannah's future. This is something that I have been putting off for awhile and it just needs to get done. I'm kind of interested in the Gerber Grow Up Plan. Anyone have any experience with it?
3. Lose weight. Yeah, I'm a cliche. But I've been waiting two years for this damn baby weight to melt off and it just ain't happening. I used to like the way I looked. That was fun. I want that back.
4. Read more books. I love reading, but it is hard to find time when you work full time and are raising a toddler. But part of being a parent is setting good examples. If I want my daughter to be a lifetime reader, then I should show her what that looks like.
5. Take more videos of Hannah. I love the videos that I have of Hannah as a little baby, and I wish I had more. I want to try to bust out the flip camera at least once a month this year.
I think that will be it for now, because if I make think of too many I will just forget them all. If you have a list of resolutions for 2012 I would love to read it, so link it up in the comments!